Friday 13 March 2015

Influential Magazines
Front Page:

In my magazine, I used the same style as Loud and Quiet in the way that the picture does not start until the masthead finishes. The picture is not placed on top or underneath of the masthead, it is under. I felt this was the way I wanted my magazine to be presented as, to me, it looks the most professional. 

Contents Page:


For my contents page, I was influenced by Q magazine. I feel as though these contents pages are easy  to understand and I thought elements would work well in my magazine. For example, I used the boxes of red and made them green to fit in with my colour scheme. I then also made the colour of the numbers green, theirs are red, to further introduce my colour scheme. I felt having pictures of the artist was effective and will encourage people to want to read the magazine so thought it was best to add pictures of 'Indeed' onto the contents to ensure people see this. I then also included the 'Every Month' column. I felt this was a good idea to keep people involved and repeating their purchases. I then thought of some of my own features I could include every month.

Double Page Spread:


I was influenced by these two double page spreads when creating mine. The Nicki Minaj double page places the text around the image of her and I thought this was an effective feature that is not commonly used. I thought it added interest to the double page and this is the reason I thought about trying it on my double page. The Pixie Lott double page then has her on the left hand side at the side of the text. I thought this was a good way to add the picture that is not often seen. I then combined these two ideas and this is how I came up with my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment