Friday 6 February 2015

Draft Magazine

Front Cover:

This is the draft of my front cover. I have chosen quite a simple look to the magazine as I thought this would suit my magazine the best. The name of the magazine is clearly displayed at the top of my page and the issue number, date, price and the barcode is displayed next to it. I have made the name of my band green as this is the colour scheme that I chose. When I retake the pictures, I am going to make sure the models are wearing black tops as this is the colour which works well with the green, meaning this would look better. 

Contents Page:

This is my contents page. I have carried on the colour scheme on this page which I think works well as it makes the information stand out. I have placed two images of the band on the right hand side of the page as it shows people that they are in the magazine and should attract them to the page. 

Double Page Spread:

This is my double page spread. I have displayed one member of the duo on each side and the text displayed around them. When I recreate my magazine, I will change the colours of the speech. I have made 'Indeed' green as it fits in with my colour scheme and makes it stand out to ensure that people know they are the topic of the double page.

1 comment:

  1. Cover-I like the font you have chosen to use for your masthead and I like how you have put the artist's names underneath it. The colours you have used are unusual but stand out and are eye-catching. You could try to make indeed stand out against artist top. Could use a different coloured top for new photos or outline the word in black. Also, barcode looks a little squashed, could use a different variation.
    Contents-Good use of colour to pick out important information e.g. page numbers. To make it even better you could try to use different variations of images so there not all the same shot. Could use close ups/extreme close up of individuals in the band. Also, make the main focus of the magazine stand out (indeed) could use different colour or lager text and make 'features' and 'every month' central of the green band.
    Double page-I like how you have chosen to cut around your artist's to make them part of the article. To improve you could make text Into four smaller Columns across the double page so it looks neater/more professional. Also, try to use colours that fit with theme or use initials to state who is speaking. Could use pull out quotes to break up large pieces of text and a drop cap at start of article.

    ReplyDelete